The Vocational Education and Training Center at BIA was established in 1998 and is a nationally acknowledged, license holder, training organization for carrying out activities for professional qualification in full professions or parts of professions.
Experts from the center take an active part at all levels of tripartite cooperation in working out human resources development policies including workforce qualification and re-qualification in line with the new European labour market requirements.
The VET center has implemented numerous projects, fully or partly funded by national and European programmes.
The VET center at BIA offers the following:
- Vocational training in 35 professions and over 60 positions issuing nationally recognized certificate. All licensed programmes include modules for acquiring basic skills such as foreign languages, occupational health and safety at work, information technologies, communication skills, team work etc.
- Developing projects on different programmes upon employer’s requests;
- Seminar on topical issues;
- Consultations in the field of qualification and human resources development, as well as the implementation of occupational health and safety management systems OHSAS 18001;
- Company trainings at the workplace or away upon employer’s request, including trainings for professional qualification in full professions or parts of professions, in-company training focused on optimizing the managerial skills of teams at different management levels;
- Training courses for unemployed in all ongoing programmes of the Employment Agency.
All training courses can be carried out around the country with the assistance of the well-developed partner network of BIA’s regional and sector structures.