During its session on the 20th of September 2018 BIA’s Board of Management decided to propose to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria to approve the nomination of the Executive President of BIA Radosvet Radev as a member of the Economic and Social Council of the Republic of Bulgaria and of the European Economic and Social Committee, in place of Bojidar Danev (deceased on 28.05.2018).
During today’s meeting the membership applications of three branch organizations and five companies were approved as follows:
1. Association “Industrial Cluster Srednogorie” - established in 2005. The association currently has 37 members (22 companies, 10 municipalities and 5 universities) with a total number of 13 097 employees. The cluster is formed on an industry-regional basis. Leading companies in its initiation are “Assarel – Medet” AD, “Aurubis Bulgaria” AD, “Ellatzite – Med” AD, “Dundee Precious Metals Chelopech” EAD and “Geotechmin” OOD.
2. Association of Recyclers and Traders of Second Hand Clothes – the association is instituted in order to sustain the industry social and economic importance for the development of circular economy and to control compliance with the European and national directives concerning textile processing and trade in textiles. There are currently 14 member organizations with a total of 1 731 employees.
3. Bulgarian Association for Entertainment and Gambling Activities – 21. The Association was established in May 2018 as a non-profit association for public benefit. At present, the association has 8 members, with a total number of 582 employed.
4. LIDL Bulgaria EOOD & CO – in the fast-moving consumer goods trade, the brand “Lidl” is a European leader, the forth in the world and the number one in Bulgaria. The company operates in over 27 countries with over 10,000 stores and more than 110 regional distribution centers in Europe. The first 14 Lidl stores in Bulgaria were opened in 2010. Five years later (in 2015) Lidl Bulgaria already has 79 stores in 41 cities and over 1,800 employees. In early 2017, the company has 86 stores in 45 cities and continues to plan investments in new sites.
5. Ecoengineering AB OOD - the company has as main activity consulting, construction and engineering.
6. Paysera Bulgaria Ltd. - the company has as main activity consulting services, marketing, intermediation and agency, training, economic analysis and forecasts in relation to optimization of financial-monetary transactions, commercial representation, advertising activity and others. The Paysera electronic payment system created by the company makes payments through more than 10,000 local and foreign banks and international payment systems, as well as Visa, MasterCard and Maestro cards. Paysera operates in 184 countries and supports more than 30 currencies, with the payment window translated into 18 languages.
7. “CK Group Industry EOOD” - the company produces various pump series in construction, mining, energy, industry and agriculture. The production and service base is located in the town of Bozhurishte. In addition, CK Group Industry is the exclusive representative and distributor for Bulgaria of SÖNDGERATH PUMPEN, a leading pump manufacturer in Germany, for which it provides installation, warranty and service.
8. “Eco Partners Bulgaria” AD - the company is the newest organization for packaging waste utilization on the Bulgarian market, established in 2016 by a team of professionals with long experience in this branch. The company is a joint-stock company that does not distribute profits and the funds received are invested in the construction of systems for separate collection and recovery of packaging waste. At present, the company builds separate collection systems for packaging waste in more than 12 municipalities with a total of over 700,000 inhabitants covered by separate collection systems, over 2,200 separate collection vessels with a total volume of more than 2,500,000 liters.
During the meeting the submitted resignation of the Chairman of the Board of Management Sasho Donchev was accepted. The election of a new Chairman of the Board is to be discussed at a subsequent meeting of the Board.
The Board of Management also endorsed a decision on the membership of BIA through the AOBE in the Consultative Committee on Business and Industry of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) - BIAC.
According to the provisional agenda, the members of the Board heard and discussed Information on the need for a comprehensive reform in Bulgarian higher education. The document contains findings and synthesized analysis of the state of the higher education system in our country and recommends that BIA launches a series of discussions between the academic community and entrepreneurs, members of BIA, on the identified problems. The conclusions and recommendations of these discussions should be submitted to the management of the Ministry of Education and Science, as well as other interested institutions.