Following our circular last week, we wish to inform you that the TRAN Committee this morning has confirmed its mandate to start interinstitutional negotiations (trilogues) on the three Mobility Package I files:
- Posting of drivers (MEP Kateřina Konečná)
- Driving and resting times (MEP Henna Virkkunen)
- Adapting rules to developments in the road transport sector (MEP Ismail Ertug)
This was a procedural vote (Rule 72) which takes place after the European Parliament has adopted its first reading to enter into trilogue negotiations ahead of Council’s first reading.
As previously mentioned, the Finnish Presidency has been ready to enter into negotiations and thus trilogues are expected to start in October.
During this morning’s session the TRAN Committee also confirmed Parliament’s negotiating mandate on various other ongoing files, including:
- Implementation of the Single European Sky (MEP Marian-Jean Marinescu)
- Charging of heavy good vehicles for the use of certain infrastructures (Eurovignette) (new rapporteur tbd)
- Combined transport of goods (new rapporteur tbd)
- Electronic freight transport information (MEP Andor Deli)
- Streamlining measures for achieving the TEN-T (MEP Dominique Riquet)
- Seasonal changes of time (new rapporteur tbd)