On 19 June 2019, a regular meeting of the Board of Management of the Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA) took place. The Board adopted its work plan for the second half of 2019.
The members of the Board were introduced to the results of the meetings with the representatives of the government and the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC) regarding the prices of electricity on the free market.
The Management Board of BIA has confirmed its position on the problems, the necessary policies and the long-term measures for limiting the shortage of labor force.
Twelve priority foreign markets were confirmed, for which BIA will support its members - UK, Switzerland, USA, Turkey, Albania, Canada, UAE, India, Lebanon, Hong Kong, Israel and China (Reserves: Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Japan , Iran).
For the members of BIA four non-profit associations and 11 companies with a total of over 27 000 employees were adopted, including:
- National Chamber of Fire Safety in Construction
- Bulgarian Association of Information Technologies (BAIT)
- National Board of Tourism (NBT)
- Bulgarian Grooming Association (BGA)
- Мес Supply KFT – Hungary
- Unicoms Computers
- Capital Sport
- Ardes Information Technologies
- Savov & Partners Business Law Practice
- Aval In – Investment Intermediary
- Balkan Technical Services
- Expert M
- Internet Corporated Networks
- Faiar Ltd.
- Philip Morris Bulgaria
The Board adopted the annual financial statements of the Bulgarian Industrial Association and the Bourse Information Company (BIC) Capital Market Ltd. for 2018. Other ongoing issues were also discussed.