On the 28th of August 2017 a working meeting was held at the Bulgarian Industrial Association with representatives of the European Commission's Directorate-General for Interpretation. On behalf of the BIA, Mr. Dimiter Brankov – Vice President of BIA, and Mr. Martin Stoyanov - Senior Expert at the International Organizations and Programmes Center took part in the meeting.
The meeting was held in connection to the preparation and implementation of the BIA’s initiatives during the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2018. Among the planned events in the program of the BIA are:
- Tripartite social summit;
- Meeting of the Employers’ Group of the European Economic and Social Committee;
- Meeting of the Presidents of the member federations of BusinessEurope;
- Council on competitiveness;
- Council on employment and social matters – the meeting in 2018 should be held in Bulgaria, in which are invited for participation employers’ organizations and trade unions, members of the European social partners.
A number of issues of national and European importance were discussed at the meeting, including the Posting of Workers Directive, the role and significance of the Black Sea Region and the possibilities of linking the principles of the Danube Strategy and the Black Sea region to other forthcoming EU Council Presidencies.