On 7 and 8 December 2015q in Thessaloniki, Greece will hold an international conference "Maximising skills for jobs and jobs for skills". The event is organized by the European Center for the Development of Vocational Training (CEDEFOP)
During the forum in section “Inspiring practice: Building strong partnerships for skills” Vanya Kirova manager IT projects in the Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA) will present Competence Assessment Information System MyCompetence.bg, developed by BIA.
At this event Cedefop will present its new European Skills and Jobs (ESJ) survey and discuss results from its overall research agenda on skill mismatch.
The aim of the conference is to stimulate discussion and identify key policy priorities, challenges, and applicable solutions to the problem of skill mismatch, with particular emphasis on the role of public-private partnerships and of supportive public policies. Experts in skills and skill mismatch, along with representatives of governments, social partners, education and training, and the labour market will engage in a series of discussions structured around two key thematic pillars:
- Future challenges for VET: Impact of technology and workplace change on skill needs
- Fostering partnerships in the workplace: rising up to the challenge of skill mismatch
Relevant to these pillars, the major issues to be considered and discussed during the conference regard:
- strengthening the effectiveness of public policies (e.g. work-based learning, ALMPs) to facilitate transitions from school to work and unemployment back to work;
- improving the efficiency and responsiveness of public training programmes to labour market needs;
- ensuring that the benefits of new technologies are transformed into more and better jobs and lower wage inequality;
- improving the responsiveness of VET systems and institutions to innovations and changing skill needs, so as to better anticipate and tackle skill shortages;
- allowing VET providers to act as catalysts of enhanced social cooperation in tackling skill mismatch;
- developing and using the skills of the workforce by redesigning jobs, adopting better human resource management practices and raising job quality.
More for MyCompetence.bg.
More for the event.